Bread Pakora! Monsoon calls for pakoras! Soft breads filled with perfectly flavoured potato filling and then coated with smooth besan batter when come out all crispy from the hot oil; the feeling is that of an achievement! Achievement of frying a delicious snack! So do try these crispy-soft beauties and enjoy monsoons!
Besan - 1 Cup
Turmeric Powder - 1 Teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1 Teaspoon
Salt - To Taste
Baking Soda - 1/2 Teaspoon
Carom Seeds - 1/2 Teaspoon
Water - As Needed
Oil - 2 Tablespoons
Mustard seeds - 1 Teaspoon
Asafoetida - A Pinch
Boiled Potato - 1 Cup
Salt - To Taste
Garam Masala - 1/2 Teaspoon
Amchur - 1/2 Teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
Coriander leaves - 1 Tablespoon
Bread - 2 Slices
Green Chutney - 4 Tablespoons
Oil - For Frying
1) Put the potatoes in a pressure cooker and add water in it. Boil the potatoes till 3-4 whistles and mash them when they are warm.
2) Take a large bowl and put besan in it. To the besan, add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt, Baking soda, & carom seeds.
3) Add water in the mixture for the desired consistency. Check for seasoning and add a few drops of oil in the batter and keep it aside.
4) Take a pan heat some oil in it, add mustard seeds, asafoetida, Mashed boiled potatoes, garam masala, coriander leaves, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, amchur and salt. Mix them well.
5) Now assemble the bread pakora by slicing the bread into triangular slices. Apply green chutney on one side of triangular bread and apply mashed potato mixture evenly on the bread. Cover this slice with another triangular slice.
6) Dip the potato filled bread slices into besan batter to coat the breads. Deep fry these dipped bread slices in hot oil on medium flame till crisp and golden brown. Enjoy these freshly prepared bread pakoras with sauce along with tea or coffee.